LAS VEGAS – Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have finally reached a multi-million dollar deal to fight.
After months of intense negotiations, representatives for The Notorious have thrashed out a money-spinning contract with ‘Money’ Mayweather’s camp in recent days.
Although the bombshell agreement is yet to be formally signed because of a third party hold-up, it means the 28-year-old Crumlin brawler will go toe-to-toe with the undefeated 39-year-old boxing great.
The Sun exclusively revealed last year that McGregor and Mayweather were in talks over a sensational boxing match.
And we can now reveal that the MMA sensation pulled out of a scheduled meet-and-greet event in Dublin this week to go to the States to make an anti-bullying video for schoolchildren.
McGregor will shoot the video as part of a deal struck with the Nevada Sport Commission after he was deemed to have thrown a bottle of water at Nate Diaz.
He will also use the opportunity to finalise details with his representatives in Las Vegas as the blockbuster Mayweather fight inches closer.
In a previous live interview event in Manchester, the Notorious revealed that he would be jetting out to Vegas to settle his score with the Nevada Sport Commission.
He said: “There’s a lot of business to do out in Las Vegas. They tried to fine me $150,000 for throwing a bottle of water. It was a can but whatever. We’ll call it a bottle of water and say no more about it…
“Ah no look I’m gonna f*** this whole sh*t up again. I love the Vegas commission. We’ve come to an understanding. I’m gonna fly out there and fix it. I’m gonna get my Las Vegas boxing commission and then we’ll see where the f*** Floyd’s at?!”
The undisputed UFC lightweight champion was due to appear at the €100-a-head bash on Friday night, but withdrew today due to “an unavoidable schedule change”.
A source close to the Straight Blast Gym star told the Irish Sun: “Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have agreed a deal to fight and have both settled on their respective fees.
“The contract hasn’t officially been signed yet because of a third party hold-up but all the details have all been agreed on.
“The fight could even be announced within two weeks.”
A spokesman for the hotel said in a statement: “The Red Cow Moran Hotel in association with Industry Entertainment regret to announce that the evening event with Conor McGregor scheduled for Friday 17th February has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control.